The planning of Optimisation in X-ray and Molecular Imaging 2020 is in progress. The conference will cover a wide area of research related to optimisation of medical imaging and is intended for a broad audience of medical physicists, radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, engineers, radiographers and biomedical scientists, as well as representatives for authorities and manufacturers. There will be a number of invited keynote speakers covering current research aspects. The conference will be held at Conference Centre Wallenberg at University of Gothenburg, close to Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden.
OXMI 2020 is the 5th in a series of scientific conferences focusing on optimisation of medical imaging, with special emphasis on image quality evaluation and radiological protection. Previous conferences have been held in Malmö, Sweden (1999, 2004, 2009) and Gothenburg (2015).
Contributions in the following areas are welcome:
- Optimisation in radiology and nuclear medicine
- Assessment of clinical images and observer performance studies
- Recent technological developments and their clinical impact
- Patient dosimetry and reference doses/activities
- Occupational exposure
- Physical measurements and quality assurance programs
- Modelling procedures
- AI and Deep learning in medical imaging
- Image display, monitors and their environment
- Education and training
The conference will include a commercial exhibition.